shabbyblog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Nearing the end...

Last night I began to look back at the journals (yes plural) I have kept while living in Middlesbrough these last five months. I have not even began to process most of it, and I'm sure God will show me more of what these last five months have taught me in the months to come.

But until then here is just a bit of what i've learned, lives i've seen changed, and the people who changed mine.

I'm Thankful for:
~My church family - they are amazing, word can't express the hospitatlity and love they have shown me.
~Being able to teach RE, do assemblies, and help lead an after school Bible club at Archibald Primary. My heart still breaks for those kids.
~The specific hospitality of the Pearsons, Clarks, and Youngs, who at one point allowed me to live in their houses - you all are fantastic! Thank you for being Jesus to me!
~SNOW!!! on thanksgiving, and christmas :)
~ The opportunity to lead with a marvelous group of ladies at Beloved.
~The opportunity to go with another amazing bunch of people to Turkey to be impacted by families giving their lives to make Christ known
~Middlesbrough - God's moving in this place loads!
~Hannah Clark - bestest friend who's taught me more than she knows
~Jacob Young for showing me how to use the bus system, and also taught me more than he realizes
~Salvations I have seen: Freda, Joyce, Eddy, and Audrey to name a few. Praise God for CAP, MCC, and people who live their lives to proclaim who Jesus is.
~Being able to share my story at: Southbank Baptist Church, Vintage Tea, Youth Alpha, and Blaze.
~Being able to serve cap, ignite, youth alpha, Teeside's christian union, MCC at Acklam
~American prayer time with Shaina Ryan and Kimberly Garth.
The list could go on and on. . .

What I've learned (so far):
~ "To be a disciple you have to be disciplined." - Nigel Bradley
~The meaning of the words: surrender, humility, worship, servanthood, and trust
~boldness in my faith
~discernment as to where the Spirit is moving
~meaning of passionate worship as a lifestyle
~a new found appreciation and realization of the beauty of creation

Difficult still to realize i'm nearing the end of my time here, but I'm certain I will return. God's got big plans for Middlesbrough, can't wait to see more of what He's going to continue to do!!! Also, I've yet to process a lot of what God has spoken over me, and how I have changed. This is definately to be continued...

"Missions is less about the transportation of God from one place to another and more about the identification of a God who is already there." Rob Bell, Velvet Elvis


1 comment:

  1. As great as this last 6 months has been for you (and I know it has been great), it truly is only the beginning. I am excited for you! The road yet traveled holds things you can't even imagine on your best day (and I know you are creative).

    May God grant you these last few days there to show you how wide, long, high, and deep His love is.

    ReplyDelete