shabbyblog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This has been a crazy last few days!!! After 22 hours of traveling, getting delayed, canceled, etc, I am back in Texas! My thoughts on the plane journey home:

Can't believe it's done. It's like I'm leaving home for the first time. This place and these people are so precious to my heart and vital to my soul. They inspire me, encourage me, love me, laugh with me, cry with me, raise hands in worship with me, empower me, stand by me, support me, equip me, enable me, and show me more of what it means to be a part of the obdy - more of what it means to live as a worshipper of the Most High.

Middlesbrough has loads of people searching, simply looking for fulfillment, looking for a purpose in this world. They look for it in clubs, drugs, latest fashion, latest toys, alcohol, sex, everywhere. But when the people of MCC live out their courageous calling to shine light in the darkness, the wanderers, the lost, the broken, the down troden will find the true fulfillment - Jesus Christ.

I'm proud to call these disciples, evangelists, and light barrers of the King, my dearest friends and family.
Thats whats so thrilling and truly brilliant about serving the body of Christ. He takes you to where light needs to shine, where His Spirit is moving. He uses your giftings to expand His Kingdom. He allows for challenging and stretching circumstances to you can learn what it means to rely on His plan and provision. And He puts people in your life for a reason. I believe every person I have come in contact with throughout my last five months is essential to seeking more of my Father. Whether through challenging words, accountability, laughter, or a simple smile - I am a better disciple of Jesus because I knew them.  With backgrounds so diverse, God has shown His transforming power so vividly.

It is evident that my heart was left in Middlesbrough. You truly empower me to run hard after my Savior and after His plan for my life.  It makes me escited, scared, and passionate about what is next. I'm definately not ready to call it quits, and I will not say no to the Spirits call.

Here I am Lord - send me.
I desire more of You Jesus
I desire more of heaven on earth.
I desire more kids understanding what You did for them on the cross.
I desire teenagers to understand that you honor purity and want revival in their lives.
I desire 18-30s to find their giftings, use them, and step into leadership.
I desire holiness,  and true worship of you, Jesus.
I desire to know You and make your name known.

I definately praise Jesus for the ultimate privelege and honor it was to serve MCC, and the call to continue serving my Savior. Thankful, and humbled to say the least.

~Romans 8:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment