shabbyblog

Friday, June 24, 2011

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever

I am currently going through a Bible study called Inheritance by Beth Moore. I have loved this study because it has awakened a joy in me in regards to the brilliance of my God.  Even though I have yet to find a job, leave in a week for Wisconsin, not knowing what will happen when i return in August, I am thankful.  Beth did this in a session and I felt like I needed to do the same. I just wanted to be able to voice the reasons why my God is everything to me, truly He is my portion. I don't know what you are going through, but I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize what God has done and who He is - it brings calm to the storm.

I am thankful that God fights for me - Exodus 14:13-14
I am thankful that when I'm in my darkest dark - I hear him say I love you and I want to do something awesome through you -  Isaiah 43: 10, 61:1, and Colossians 1:28-29
I am thankful that He can sympathize - Hebrews 4:15-16
I am thankful that He knows my heart better than anyone else - Psalm 139:13-14
I am thankful that he gave me a passion for U.S. History and a burden for England, only God can be that halarious - Jeremiah 29:11
I am thankful that He is my portion and I am His prize - Psalm 73:26
I am thankful that He knows the man I will marry and knows that we will do ministry together - Hebrews 3:4,
Colossians 1:28-29
I am thankful that he is jealous for me - Exodus 34:14
I am thankful that God ordains certain situations for his glory (i.e. how i ended up with a heart for England) -
Ephesians 1:11-12
I am thankful that he is consistent - Joshua 1:9
I am thankful that He never gets tired of me - my questions, my moans, and my human self pity - Matthew 11:28-30
I am thankful that He knows exactly what i need - Philippians 4:19
I am thankful that He doesn't forget where I am at - Jeremiah 31:10-14, Proverbs 2:1-6, 3:5-6

When the idea of jobs, finding my purpose, and patiently waiting for an open door, is so overwhelming - I remember who He is, that I am so small, that He is so big, and He is in control.  Romans 8:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment