So let me tell you my story of how God has opened a door for me to serve in Wisconsin for six weeks. A few weeks ago, after hearing that i didn't get an interview at Trinity in Middlesbrough, I was in a state. I was so confused, questioned a lot, and definitly knew i couldn't survive on my 60 dollar a week telemarketer job. I sent out a facebook message to all of my contacts in ministry just simply asking if they had any opportunities for the summer. Trey Turner was the only one to message me back!
I have been so blessed to have lived with the Turners in 2008, and do ministry with them for a few years at Canyon Creek. I have always wanted to visit them since they moved up to Rapids, but timing never worked out! I love their heart to build relationships and live out their faith to show Christ to those who don't know. After a few phone conversations, we set a date and some possibilities of things I will be doing. I'll be working with Trey in his house church, tapestry church, power plant youth camp, and block parties with the Hmong church plant. We just arrived two days ago, and it is absolutely beautiful here!!
I'm so excited about what God is going to do these next six weeks! I'm thankful and humbled to be serving in a new and different area of the U.S. Please be in prayer that God would move and bring glory to His name while i'm here!
More updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment