So I set off a week ago today! The week has flown by already!
Just wanted to share a bit of what i'll be doing this upcoming week, and a bit of what God is already speaking/doing! Yesterday Trey and myself went prayer driving around Wisconsin Rapids, just listening, and praying over the city. God showed a lot of things to us about His heart, and through words and pictures given - i think God used this time as such a sweet encouragement for the Turners and their work here. This city reminds me a lot of Middlesbrough, and the brokeness I see and just the lack of thought on spiritual things that I witnessed while serving there.
As most know, this last month and even semester has been a grieving process for me as I left my "home" to come back to Texas. It has been great to be able to introduce the Turners to all my friends at MCC, and the family that I have come to love. It's been so refreshing to be able to speak with a family who understands where i'm coming regarding missions, church, and living the life of a disciple.
Here's a God given divine appointment - Trey and I went to meet up with some Hmong youth the other day regarding a backyard bible club thing i'll be doing with the Turners, but wanted to help them do it for their Hmong community. Pastor Mary of the reformed church they go to met with us. She approached me at the end because we talked about the fact that i had experience in children's ministry/writing some curriculum, and she asked me to help her start a children's group at her church for the time during the preach on sunday mornings. What a divine appointment indeed!!
A few days ago we met up with Robert Terrell who i'll be spending part of next week with. He leads Tapestry Church in Steven's Point. He was even in Texas for a bit doing youth ministry right outside of Cleburne - small world!!! I'm so excited to get to come alongside him as he goes about making disciples in steven's point! Please be praying for the time I get to spend in that area, that I will just be able to bless that church, share a bit of my story and heart for England, and get to serve whatever they need!
Something that i've been clinging to from my utmost: "God gives us the vision, the He takes us down to the valley to batter us into shape of the vision, and it is in the valley that so many of us faint and give way. Every vision will be made real if we will have patience." Lord give me patience and endurance to go through the valley to bring your vision to reality!
love this.
ReplyDeleteso proud of you going wherever it is He calls you. keep striving for Him and let Him lead you. xx