Today is a bittersweet day - my first full day back since being in Madison for powerplant, and realizing that i only have 11 days left in Wisconsin. Last Saturday I went to Madison to help out transformation church with a carnival they did for a community in Sun Prairie - it was a full day of service, and then I went to Aaron Jozwiak's house to meet the powerplant staff!!!! Sunday was worship at Transformation Church and worship that night at Red Village Church, which is a church plant that Aaron pastors near the UW Madison campus.
Powerplant is a youth mission trip that started on Monday. Throughout the week we passed out flyers for block parties, prayed over both Aaron's church and James Lee's International church plant, helped run two succesful block parties, and did some evangelism on campus. I helped mainly with the group from Adrian, Michigan. I absolutely loved all the girls I got to hang out with, and enjoyed watching them get out of their comfort zone to start conversations with people, bless them with free water, and direct them to Red Village Church.
God really spoke to me this week about selfless faith. I know I need more of it in my life - I know there will be a time in the near future where i'll have to just take a step of faith and live missionally in England. Also, I got a huge heart for starting something new in a place where there isn't a church - i'm not sure if it's church planting to its full capacity, or just planting myself in a community and doing kids clubs, etc, to make Christ known - Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough, England has been on my heart a lot lately so i'm praying into that and would love your prayers as well!!! Also - i'm thoroughly in awe of God and how he orchestrates things - Aaron and I have been talking a lot about taking a team from Wisconsin to Middlesbrough sometime next summer!!
Please pray that God would continue to do work in Madison through Brotherly Love and Red Village. Pray that He will send workers to assist Aaron and James. And finally, please pray that if Red Village wants to do a trip to England that all obstacles would be removed.
Isaiah 40
No comments:
Post a Comment